• Puppy given narcan after eating heroin

    By: CNN

    Updated:

    MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Ohio - A baby Pitbull in Ohio named Diesel had to be given narcan after accidentally eating heroin.

    A vet that was called to the scene administered naloxone, the same medication used to block opiate effects in humans.

    "When he arrived at the vet he was in bad shape. There's not a lot of data out there on heroin exposure to dogs, so we'll be watching him closely,” said Mark Kumpf, Montgomery County Ohio Animal Control Center Director:

    An investigation into the incident shows that this isn't the puppy's first exposure to heroin, said police.

    Diesel's owners are being charged with cruelty to animals.

    RELATED:

    GRAPHIC: Police department shows devastating effects of heroin

    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Puppy given narcan after eating heroin

  • Headline Goes Here

    NASA shipper Orbital ATK launches space station supplies

  • Headline Goes Here

    Bernard Lewis, prolific Mideast scholar, dies at 101

  • Headline Goes Here

    Abbas, 83-year-old Palestinian leader, still in hospital

  • Headline Goes Here

    Verdict to be delivered in family ax murder trial