• Nadal to return in Tie Break Tens; Djokovic also playing

    Updated:
    MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) - Top-ranked Rafael Nadal will make his return from injury in the Tie Break Tens event in Melbourne on Jan. 10.

    Nadal previously withdrew from the Brisbane International and Fast4 event in Sydney while recovering from a knee injury. Organizers said Nadal will join Novak Djokovic and Stan Wawrinka among a field of eight players in the Melbourne knockout tournament which has a winner-take-all purse of $250,000.

    In Tie Break 10s, the winner is the first player to reach 10 points with a two-point margin in a super tiebreaker.

    Nadal said "Tie Break Tens is a great concept and we will see and play some exciting matches. The field is fantastic and I expect some tough competition which will be great for the Aussie fans."

    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Nadal to return in Tie Break Tens; Djokovic also playing

  • Headline Goes Here

    Djokovic needs 10 match points to reach 3rd round in Monaco

  • Headline Goes Here

    Comic Rebel Wilson fights appeal of her $3.6M defamation win

  • Headline Goes Here

    Zverev, Dimitrov, Thiem rusty, reach Monte Carlo 3rd round

  • Headline Goes Here

    Lawyers make final remarks in Australian cardinal's sex case