NASHUA, N.H. – A construction worker in Nashua has died from his injuries after being electrocuted while using a hydraulic lift.
The Nashua Fire Department said work was being done at the Cannongate Condos when the lift came in contact with electrical wires.
Witnesses said the scene was very somber once people realized what had happened.
“I came out my side door and noticed flames looked like it was coming from the building through the trees," Walter Markewich said. “All the employees, there were about five of them, they were all crying."
The man who died was part of a painting crew that had been working at the condo buildings in recent days.
“To be really close to the power line and painting, I do think that is a real safety issue to really be that close," Jonah Simmons said.
The victim has not been identified at this point and an investigation by the State Fire Marshall and OSHA is still underway.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.