• Cape Cod pool where child drowned failed inspection, report says


    EAST FALMOUTH, Mass. - The Cape Cod campground where a 4-year-old boy drowned last month failed a mandatory pool inspection days after his death.

    The Department of Public Health told the Cape Cod Times that pool water from Camp Resorts and Cabins in East Falmouth contained too many chemicals.

    Loose pool ladders, handrails and tiles also posed a risk to visitors. Officials said none of the violations likely caused last month’s drowning.

    The pool has been shut down until the problems are fixed.

    Next Up: