GLOUCESTER, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) – A threat found in the bathroom at Gloucester High School has prompted school officials to adopt a no backpack policy.
Superintendent Richard Safier told FOX 25 News a threat indicating a bomb would be in the building on Friday was found Tuesday. Parents were called Wednesday night.
Students were told Thursday that no bags would be allowed in the building on Friday. Students may also have to enter the building through one entrance.
Safier said the threat didn't seem credible and school officials were taking action out of an abundance of caution.
Earlier this week, a threat at St. John's Preparatory School in Danvers prompted school officials to ban backpacks. Students were only allowed to bring clear bags into the building.
Safier said the Gloucester police department was investigating the threat.
© 2016 Cox Media Group.