GLOUCESTER (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) – A spark from a wood or pellet stove could be what caused a deadly fire on the North Shore.
Saturday night, neighbors saw flames shooting from a home at 4 Windsor Lane in Gloucester. The fire moved quickly, killing Kimberly Anderson, who lived in the home alone.
It's not clear if smoke detectors in the home were working and firefighters say that is something they see on a regular basis.
The state Fire Marshal's office is urging everyone to make sure smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors are working properly and to take extra caution with space heaters.
This month, seven people have died in fires in Massachusetts.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Spark from wood or pellet stove could be what caused fatal Gloucester fire
US-backed Iraqi forces enter Mosul airport, military base
Governor: Dakota Access protesters can leave without arrest
Claims for US jobless benefits tick up, level still healthy
The Latest: Malaysia wants Interpol help on tracing suspects