ROCKLAND, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) – A 71-year-old Rockland woman is dead following a fire that occurred on Market Street Tuesday.
Following an investigation, fire officials said the fire at 644 Market St. began in the kitchen. The victim, later identified as Mary Gammon, died after her clothing caught fire from an open flame on the stove.
The fire was ruled accidental.
State Fire Marshal Stephen Coan urged residents, especially those over 65 who are more at risk, to be careful while cooking.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Rockland woman dies after clothing catches fire while cooking
Students plan sit-in as Malden charter school defends hair policy it suspended
Lawmaker apologizes for calling for lynching
Iran's president criticizes US after Trump's sharp words
Climate change taking toll on clarity pf Lake Tahoe water