Ever since the supposed video of a golden eagle snatching a baby was posted on YouTube and subsequently proved to be fake I've been skeptical of every video on the Internet – and this one is no exception.
A video posted by theaustinstonechurch shows a hunter walking toward the camera, someone off camera says "Comin' at ya," a bird appears, the hunter tracks it and manages to catch it in mid-air it as it attempts to fly by him. Then, San Francisco 49ers' quarterback Colt McCoy shows up.
So here's what makes me think it's real:
- The video is pretty high quality and there aren't any jumpy edits.
- If you slow it down frame-by-frame as the bird approaches, the reaction on the guy's face is that of: "I'm going to catch this bird or it's going to break my nose." That's a natural, human reaction.
- Colt McCoy.
Here's what makes me think it might be fake:
- Colt McCoy – No, seriously. What is he doing here?
- The video is a little too perfect. You're telling me that the camera just happened to be rolling on some random guy for no reason when a bird flies in and he catches it with his bare hand?
- The second shot of the guy doesn't actually show the bird. If you just captured someone catching a bird with their bare hand, you'd have both that person and the bird in the shot until your camera battery dies.
- The shameless plug for a book at the end. (Thanks viral marketing for ruining everything on the Internet.)
So we leave it up to you. Real or fake? Let us know on Facebook: facebook.com/fox25news.
Watch the video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NFjFptZ1wGI
© 2016 Cox Media Group.
Real or Fake: Man catches bird with bare hand in YouTube video
Underwater expedition off California reveals sunken warship
California lawmakers approve extension of climate change law
School groups denounce potential closure of Michigan schools
The Latest: Bill Clinton defends embattled family foundation