Ever since the supposed video of a golden eagle snatching a baby was posted on YouTube and subsequently proved to be fake I've been skeptical of every video on the Internet – and this one is no exception.
A video posted by theaustinstonechurch shows a hunter walking toward the camera, someone off camera says "Comin' at ya," a bird appears, the hunter tracks it and manages to catch it in mid-air it as it attempts to fly by him. Then, San Francisco 49ers' quarterback Colt McCoy shows up.
So here's what makes me think it's real:
- The video is pretty high quality and there aren't any jumpy edits.
- If you slow it down frame-by-frame as the bird approaches, the reaction on the guy's face is that of: "I'm going to catch this bird or it's going to break my nose." That's a natural, human reaction.
- Colt McCoy.
Here's what makes me think it might be fake:
- Colt McCoy – No, seriously. What is he doing here?
- The video is a little too perfect. You're telling me that the camera just happened to be rolling on some random guy for no reason when a bird flies in and he catches it with his bare hand?
- The second shot of the guy doesn't actually show the bird. If you just captured someone catching a bird with their bare hand, you'd have both that person and the bird in the shot until your camera battery dies.
- The shameless plug for a book at the end. (Thanks viral marketing for ruining everything on the Internet.)
So we leave it up to you. Real or fake? Let us know on Facebook: facebook.com/fox25news.
Watch the video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NFjFptZ1wGI
© 2016 Cox Media Group.