10. Heat does not cause traffic problems. Think about all the times it has taken you hours to get home from work because of snow and ice. Sure, if you live on the Cape or near the beach there's traffic in the summer, but who cares?
9. Nearly twice as many people die from exposure to cold weather than those who succumb to hot weather. British researchers compiled the data and found that while weather related fatalities are trending down, you still have a greater risk of dying from the cold. Looks like Grandma was right when she said, "get in here you'll catch your death of a cold!" Take that global warming.
8. You can't play golf in the snow.
7. If your AC breaks in the summer your pipes won't burst.
6. Cold weather hurts, hot weather in uncomfortable. You feel pain in the cold when your skin is exposed. In the heat, you may sweat buckets, but as long as you drink plenty of water and use sunscreen, you'll be fine.
5. When you come in from the cold it takes time for you to feel warm. When you step inside an air-conditioned room the relief is instantiations.
4. Humidity does not accumulate by the inch and does not require shoveling.
3. Even on the hottest days of summer, the temperature will drop at night. On the coldest days of winter, it will get even colder at night.
2. Cars get better gas mileage in hot weather even when the AC is on.
1. When was the last time you took a summer vacation to visit a place where it's cold and snowing because you needed a break from the hot weather and missed winter?
© 2016 Cox Media Group.