• Police: NH gun threat was not true, student lied


    CONCORD, N.H. (MyFoxBoston.com) – A gun threat that brought armed police and SWAT teams to Concord High School in New Hampshire was made up.
    Police say a teenage girl told them an 18-year-old boy came to campus with a weapon, pointed it at her and then ran away.

    Concord police sent a SWAT team to the school to investigate. The boy was found at his house and initially charged, but police now say that when they interviewed the 16-year-old who had reported the incident, things didn't add up. Police now say the girl told them she had lied about what happened.
    The student who was arrested has been released and will not be charged.
    Police are having a press conference later Wednesday. Stay with myfoxboston.com and the FOX 25 News at 6 for updates to this story.

    Statement from Concord police:

    "On April 30th, at approximately 7:35 pm Officers from the Concord Police Department responded to the Concord High School for a report of a student threatening another student with a weapon. It was alleged that a firearm was used during the encounter.

    In response to this, Concord High School initiated lockdown procedures and with the assistance of Concord PD was able to evacuate all remaining staff and students. The Central New Hampshire Special Operations Unit (CNHSOU) was requested to respond by Concord PD.  The SOU searched and secured the school, finding no suspects.

    At approximately the same time the school was in lock-down, police had identified and located the possible suspect in this incident. He was found at his residence, which is located in Concord. Based on the information police had at the time, the suspect was arrested and charged with Criminal Threatening (Class B felony).

    Detectives assigned to the case conducted a follow up interview with the alleged victim, described as a female juvenile (approximately 16 years old). As a result of this interview, detectives determined that the victim had lied about events and that the incident had not occurred as originally reported. The original suspect was subsequently released from custody and is currently facing no charges.

    Police are still investigating this matter.

    Next Up: