CONWAY, N.H. (MyFoxBoston.com) – Private Investigator Tom Shamshak believes missing N.H. teen Abby Hernandez is still in the region.
Hernandez has been missing from Conway, N.H. since Oct. 9. She was last seen leaving Kennett High School at about 2:30 p.m. that day. She sent a letter to her mother, Zenya, but has not been heard from since. Law enforcement officials and Zenya do not know where Abby is, but Shamshak, who has followed the case since last fall, told FOX 25 in the end of February that he believes she is still in the area.
Earlier this month, a Conway Daily Sun reporter asked Shamshak to clarify where he thinks the missing teen is.
"I think she's still in the Northeast," said Shamshak in a Sun article. "I tend to think she may even be in the state of New Hampshire."
Since Abby didn't have a lot of personal items with her, Shamshak believes that someone is taking care of her, the Sun reported. He also referenced a news conference officials held in early December to announce the letter Abby sent to her mother, saying that the police chief asked people to keep an eye out for someone living in their community with a teenage girl.
"That's a strong indicator to me, as a former cop, that they had their suspicions that she's nearby," Shamshak said in the Sun article.
Conway Police Lt. Chris Perley did not comment on what Shamshak's had to say, the Sun reported.
© 2016 Cox Media Group.