• Physical, testimonial evidence vital to solving Molly Bish's murder


    (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) – The murder of Molly Bish is still unsolved; however, police continue to hunt for her killer and are pouring over stacks of new evidence in hopes of bringing a potential suspect to justice.

    FOX 25's Bob Ward, who has been covering the story from the beginning, reported that Rodney Stanger emerged as a potential prime suspect in the investigation.

    Massachusetts State Police went to Summerfield, Fla. in order to re-interview Stanger and search his trailer. The trip produced a lot of new evidence that they are still going through and trying to piece together.

    Police spent hours combing through his belongings, as well as other items that did not appear to belong to him. Luckily, the search paid off and police recovered some important pieces of physical evidence.        

    Stanger is currently incarcerated for the 2008 fatal stabbing death of his girlfriend Chrystal Morrison. He pleaded guilty to her murder and is currently serving a 25-year prison sentence.

    All of the evidence collected from the trailer has been sent out for DNA testing.

    Massachusetts State Police, armed with search warrants, opened a secret safe deposit box that Stanger kept in Dunellon, Fla. The box contained $10,000 cash; however, it is unclear why Stanger kept that much cash in a safe deposit box about an hour away from where he was living.
    Stanger also had thousands of dollars that he kept in bank accounts from the sale of his Massachusetts home.

    Stanger lived in Southbridge at the time Bish disappeared from Comins Pond in nearby Warren.

    Bish's mother told police that she saw a mystery man at Comins Pond the day before her daughter was abducted.  She gave a description to police who produced a sketch that bore striking resemblance to a photo that was snapped of Stanger and used on his firearm identification card.  

    The photo of Stanger was taken days before Bish's disappearance.

    Stanger fished in Comins Pond and also hunted in the woods where Bish's remains were found.

    In the months after Bish's murder, Stanger suddenly moved to Florida.

    A friend who helped Stanger move told FOX 25 that Stanger told him that he had to get out of Massachusetts and that he was going to put his house up for sale.

    However, when Bish was murdered, Stanger was not under investigation, and the cops were not after him. So there was no reason for him to move to Florida so quickly.

    Hopefully, the physical evidence combined with testimonial evidence will be enough to solve the murder of Molly Bish.

    Next Up: