BOSTON (AP)- A law enforcement official says it's possible that a man who was stopped by police as he ran from the scene of yesterday's bombings at the Boston marathon was simply running to protect himself from the blast, as many others did.
The official says the man was tackled by a bystander, and then by police.
According to police, this is the man whose apartment in Revere was searched by FBI agents overnight. Investigators were seen leaving with brown paper bags, plastic trash bags and a duffel bag at about 2 a.m. Tuesday.
FoxNews.com, citing a source, had identified the man as a 20-year-old Saudi whose Facebook page identified him as a current or former student at the New England School of English.
Fox News later reported on-air that the man had been "ruled out" as a suspect in the bombing.
Police did not disclose what was in the bags and calls to federal and state authorities were not immediately returned.
Massachusetts State Police confirmed that a search warrant was served Monday night but provided no further details.
The Revere Fire Department wrote on its Facebook page that firefighters responded to the scene for a search for "a person of interest."
© 2016 Cox Media Group.
Officials: Revere apartment, resident may not be connected to Boston blast
Things to Know about deadly shootings at mall in Washington
Moscow prepares for 1st English visit since Euro 2016 clash
AP Sources: LSU fires Miles, Cameron, promotes Orgeron
Fuel tanker continues to burn off Mexico's Gulf coast