• Norwood man charged in Foxborough dragging death had suspended license


    NORWOOD, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) -- A 22-year-old Norwood man was arrested overnight for his alleged connection to the dragging death of a 58-year-old woman in Foxborough.

    Moses Acloque pleaded not guilty Tuesday morning to charges that include driving while license to operate suspended, leaving the scene of an accident causing death, motor vehicle homicide by negligent operation, leaving the scene of a personal injury crash, and leaving the scene of property damage.

    According to a police report, Acloque's license was previously suspended for payment default.

    Investigators accuse Acloque of hitting two pedestrians near the Arbor Inn on Route 1 in Wrentham at about 10 p.m. Monday.

    Mass. State Police say an investigation revealed Acloque and another person were staying in a room at the Arbor Inn without paying. They claim employees confronted the pair and an argument ensued, during which Acloque got into a white F150 and attempted to drive out of the parking lot.

    While attempting to leave, police say the 22-year-old went into reverse, hitting a parked car before accelerating and hitting the hotel managers, Kanchanben and Dahyabhai Patel.

    Dahyabhai sustained what are described as minor injuries, while police say Kanchanben was dragged more than three miles on the northbound side of the road to the Chickie Flynn restaurant near Patriot Place.

    Portions of Route 1 remained closed into Tuesday morning for investigation.

    Acloque was held on $3,000 cash bail Tuesday. If he posts bail, he must stay away from the inn where Patel worked. He is due back in court Dec. 19 for a probable cause hearing.

    As of Nov. 22, authorities are taking another look at the case and are unsure if the 911 dispatchers handled the call correctly.

    "As of today I've started a review of the entire incident which includes looking at every incident that was occuring around the same time frame and trying to make a determination if it was or was not handled properly," Lt. Det. William McGrath said.

    Next Up: