CONWAY, N.H. (MyFoxBoston.com) – Nearly one month after the disappearance of a New Hampshire girl in the Conway-area, there is still no sign of her.
Abigail Hernandez vanished on October 9 after leaving Kennett High School. Investigators have intensely searched the Conway area, but haven't found any sign of the 15-year-old.
On Sunday, more than 3,000 people took part in an online vigil and her father published an open letter to his daughter.
"You probably didn't anticipate all the media attention that you are getting, and we understand that it can be overwhelming and a bit frightening," the letter read. "But please know that I promise that I will do my best to keep the media away from you, and no one will embarrass you.
It continued, "For whatever reason that may have caused you to run away you know deep in your heart that you can always come to me, as you have in the past and we can work it out. No matter what it is."
The FBI told FOX 25's Bob Ward that it had no comment on the letter.
Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the Boston FBI office, Kieran Ramsey, told Ward there are no firm leads that tell authorities what happened to Hernandez. The FBI previously said they had "significant fears" for her safety.
Hernandez was last seen leaving the North Conway high school at about 2:30 p.m. on Oct. 9. She was seen walking from the field hockey field, down Eagles Way to Powerline Trail between 2:30 and 2:35 p.m.
Investigators say after the 15-year-old left school, she sent a series of text messages to a friend who is cooperating with the probe. Her cell phone last made contact with her wireless network on the west side of Cranmore Mountain.
Hernandez was last seen wearing black leggings, black boots, and a dark-colored striped sweater.
Ramsey told Ward there was no evidence she ever went home.
Anyone who may have any information about Hernandez is asked to call 1-800-CALL-FBI or submit a tip at www.tips.fbi.gov.
© 2016 Cox Media Group.