• Mystery surrounding Bedford, NH death deepens


    BEDFORD, N.H. (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) – Investigators in New Hampshire are releasing few details into the death of a prominent anesthesiologist's wife, six weeks after the couple was the victim of an alleged home invasion in their million dollar house in Bedford, N.H.

    Police found Sonia Quesada dead inside her mother-in-law's Bedford home on Monday. Sonia's husband, Dr. Eduardo Quesada, was discovered unconscious.

    Police said Monday they discovered no sign of forced entry and no sign of trauma on the doctor or his wife. They also revealed Monday that a large amount of prescription drugs were found in the house.

    Authorities say it could be weeks before an autopsy report on Sonia Quesada is released. There is still no word on the condition of her husband, Dr. Eduardo Quesada.

    Sonia Quesada was discovered dead Monday after a family member called police asking them to check in on the couple at a relative's condominium. The family member said several attempts to contact Sonia and Eduardo Quesada were unsuccessful, and that both hadn't shown up at appointments scheduled Monday.

    Police responded to the 49 Kensington Lane home shortly after 10 a.m. Once officers arrived at the scene, they determined that the home was secure; however, repeated attempts to contact those inside failed.

    Officers called cell phones used by Sonia and Dr. Eduardo Quesada, but their calls went unanswered.

    With the family's permission, officers forcibly entered the home and found Sonia Quesada dead and Dr. Eduardo Quesada unconscious.

    The couple's child was not present in the residence and was with other family members.

    Dr. Quesada suffered life-threatening injuries during an alleged home invasion that occurred at the couple's Proclamation Point home in Bedford on Nov. 24.

    An investigation by the Bedford Police Department, New Hampshire State Police, and the Hillsborough County Attorney's Office is ongoing.

    The Hillsborough Country Attorney's Office says they are still looking for the male suspect who reportedly entered the Quesada's home without their consent in November.

    The Associated Press contributed to this report.


    Next Up: