ATTLEBORO, Mass. (AP) — The superintendent of a Massachusetts school district that drew national attention when about two dozen students were denied lunch says she and the school's principal have received physical threats from across the country.
The Sun Chronicle (http://bit.ly/Zbb4dY ) reports that Attleboro Superintendent Pia Durkin said Wednesday at a Parent Teacher Organization meeting that she and Coelho Middle School Principal Andrew Boles were threatened.
Workers for the school's food service contractor denied students lunch one day last week because they either couldn't pay or their pre-paid accounts were short. Some students cried when they were told to throw out the lunch they had already been served. Whitsons Culinary Group fired several workers and apologized.
Durkin says she and Boles have received emails, telephone calls and letters containing threats. She did not elaborate.
Information from: The (Attleboro, Mass.) Sun Chronicle, http://www.thesunchronicle.com
© 2016 Cox Media Group.