BRISTOL, Conn. (MyFoxBoston.com) -- A Bristol, Conn. arrested as a fugitive from justice for possessing a firearm in violation of Mass. law while in North Attleboro on the morning of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd's murder remained in police custody following his arraignment Friday.
Carlos Ortiz, 27, waived bail at his arraignment. He will be held until his July 9 dangerousness hearing.
After Ortiz's arraignment, District Attorney Sam Sutter said he believes all three men in the car on the night of Lloyd's murder are in custody.
According to an affidavit from Mass. State Police Trooper Eric Benson, Ortiz admitted to investigators he had a firearm while in the town on or about the morning of June 17.
Benson said Ortiz has a criminal record and was on probation while in possession of the gun. Ortiz was ordered held on a $1.5 million bond. He waived extradition to Mass.
Court paperwork shows Ortiz lived and was arrested at the same Bristol home as Hernandez's uncle. The home was searched by police Wednesday.
Bristol Police Lt. Jack Michaud confirmed to FOX 25 that his department has been in touch with and have assisted investigators from the Bristol County District Attorney's office.
"Since last week, the Bristol Police Department and the New Britain State's Attorney's office have, at the request of authorities in Massachusetts, been assisting in their investigation into the facts and circumstances surrounding the homicide of Odin Lloyd," read a statement from Brian Presleski, State's Attorney for the Judicial District of New Britain.
Officials said they have no further comment related to Ortiz's arrest as an investigation is ongoing. Court documents related to Ortiz's arrest were sealed Wednesday.
Former Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez was held without bail following his arrest Wednesday on six charges, including murder, in Lloyd's death. He is being held at the Bristol County House of Corrections in North Dartmouth, Mass.
Hernandez and Ortiz are natives of Bristol, Conn.
A third man, Ernest Wallace, turned himself into Fla. officials Friday after Mass. State Police and North Attleboro Police released a wanted poster alleging the 41-year-old was an accessory after Lloyd's murder.
Statement of the Office of the State's Attorney for the Judicial District of New Britain:
Brian Preleski, State's Attorney for the Judicial District of New Britain, released the following statement today, June 27, 2013:
Since last week, the Bristol Police Department and the New Britain State's Attorney's office have, at the request of authorities in Massachusetts, been assisting in their investigation into the facts and circumstances surrounding the homicide of Odin Lloyd.
At this point, one individual, Carlos Ortiz of Bristol, has been charged in Connecticut as a Fugitive from Justice. On Wednesday, June 26, 2013, Mr. Ortiz appeared in Superior Court, G.A. No. 17, in Bristol and waived extradition to Massachusetts.
Both the Bristol Police Department and the New Britain State's Attorney's Office will continue to provide whatever assistance we can in connection with this investigation. As the investigation is ongoing, we can have no further comment at this time. All documents related to this matter have been sealed by order of the court.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Man who lived at home of Hernandez's uncle held after arraignment
Poland's pro-democracy movement ousts leader, elects new one
Vettel wins Monaco GP ahead of Ferrari teammate Raikkonen
The Latest: House intel Dem would review Kushner's clearance
Once an unlikely candidate, Iowa's governor embraces new job