FRAMINGHAM, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) - A 19-year-old man is being held without bail in connection with the kidnapping and sexual assault on a 15-year-old girl in Framingham.
Nathan Williams was arraigned Tuesday on charges of rape of a minor by force, indecent assault and battery, and kidnapping in Framingham District Court. He was taken into custody at Reardon Park in Framingham without incident at about 6 p.m. Monday.
A massive search began last week when Williams allegedly kidnapped the girl at knifepoint after she got off a school bus on Gorman Street. She claims he dragged her into some nearby woods and raped her. It all happened in broad daylight around 2:30 p.m.
The victim then got away, ran home and called for help, launching a massive search in the area.
People who live nearby were on edge with a suspect on the loose, fearing he could strike again.
Police said the victim and witness statements, along with DNA evidence, were used to develop probable cause for Williams' arrest.
Williams' lawyer says his client denies the charges and there are some witness identification issues.
Prosecutors said Williams had a previous sexual assault issue as a juvenile. He also had a pending assault and battery case.
The investigation is ongoing.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.