BOSTON – Police in Massachusetts and New Hampshire have sent a warning to student athletes to be on the lookout for a man accused of cyberstalking.
The man at the center of this, 36-year-old Robert Slye of Danville, New Hampshire, has previously been convicted of stalking, and recently has been accused of unsolicited contact with teens.
Boston 25 News reporter Ted Daniel spoke with Slye just a short time after no trespass orders were issued against him in several school districts.
“An officer, I don't know the name of the officer, showed up at approximately around 10:30 a.m. and delivered the no trespassing order,” Slye said.
Thursday’s no trespass order was for schools in the SAU 55 District covering Danville, Atkinson, Hampstead, Plaistow and Sandown. Earlier this week he received a similar order prohibiting him from schools in the Windham School District.
“It showed me how serious the situation is and I'm taking it very, very, very seriously,” Slye said when asked if he was surprised by the orders.
Authorities say Slye has been posing as a young woman online to solicit lewd photos and meet high school athletes.
“[The no trespass order] basically is a tool that allows Police a swifter way to take action in the event that that particular person were to step foot on our grounds, contact any of our students or staff members,” SAU 55 Superintendent Early Metzler said.
Slye has a criminal history dating back 18 years and has served jail time for stalking convictions. He says he is trying to get treatment and claims he's no longer a threat.
“I acknowledge what happened is wrong. I acknowledge that people should be, people are scared,” he said.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.