(FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) – Some holiday travelers may not enjoy the recent recognition given to Logan International Airport. The airport is considered one of the busiest spots for Thanksgiving travel.
The Orbitz Insider Index reviewed the top 50 U.S. airports based on flight bookings, and identified those that will be the most and least busy for travel between Nov. 21 and Nov. 26, 2012.
Logan topped New York's John F. Kennedy International to claim the fifth spot on the list.
Chicago's O'Hare International Airport and LAX in Los Angeles will be the nation's busiest airports during this Thanksgiving holiday.
According to the Insider Index, O'Hare International edged out Los Angeles International to reclaim the top spot from 2010.
Buffalo Niagara will be the least-busy of the nation's top 50 airports, followed by Jacksonville International and Nashville International.
Travelers leaving the busy San Francisco or Ft. Lauderdale areas looking to beat the crowds, can head about an hour north to Sacramento International and Palm Beach International.
Orbitz expects all major airports in the areas affected by Hurricane Sandy to be up and running for the busy Thanksgiving travel weekend.
Orbitz Insider Index: Busiest Airports for Thanksgiving 2012:
1. Chicago O'Hare International ORD - Chicago, IL
2. Los Angeles International LAX - Los Angeles, CA
3. San Francisco International SFO - San Francisco, CA
4. New York LaGuardia LGA - New York, NY
5. Boston Logan International BOS - Boston, MA
6. John F. Kennedy International JFK - New York, NY
7. Orlando International MCO - Orlando, FL
8. Denver International DEN - Denver, CO
9. Ronald Regan National DCA - Washington, DC
10. Ft. Lauderdale International FLL - Fort Lauderdale, FL
© 2016 Cox Media Group.