BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) -- A six-alarm fire that engulfed a number of triple-decker homes in Dorchester was caused by a cigarette, investigators say.
The Boston Fire Department said the fire started on the third floor porch of 10 Fox Street Wednesday evening.
From there it spread to 12 Fox Street and 8 Juliette Street. Thirty people were displaced as a result of the fire.
Damage was estimated at about $1.2 million.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Investigators: Cigarette sparked 6-alarm Dorchester blaze
Repsol closes 2016 with best net profit in 4 years
Asian shares dip as Fed minutes show rate hike expected soon
White House reverses transgender bathroom protections; local lawmakers react
Iraqi police forces enter Mosul airport, seize runway