• Hampshire College fire displaces students


    AMHERST, Mass. (AP) - A fire at a residence hall at Hampshire College displaced 35 to 40 students Sunday.

    The Springfield Republican reports that the fire at the college's Greenwich Residence Hall around 4:15 p.m. was extinguished quickly. No one was injured.

    College communications director Elaine Thomas says some students will be relocated and others will stay with friends. If there is not enough room, she says the college will rent hotel rooms.

    The cause of the fire and when students can return to the dorm was not immediately known.

    Thomas says the fire was not suspicious.

    To read more: http://www.masslive.com/news/

    Next Up: