DENNISPORT, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) – Three individuals, found inside a Knox Road home in Dennisport, were transported to a hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning on Monday.
Firefighters from the Dennis Fire Department responded to a home around 1:40 p.m. for a report of a fire alarm sounding inside the home; however, when they arrived, they determined the alarm was malfunctioning.
The firefighters were home when the saw a 78-year-old man, who appeared to be disoriented, across the street from the original call. .
Firefighters entered the man's home and found his 68-year-old wife and 43-year-old daughter. Both individuals were conscious, but suffering from the same symptoms.
The victims were treated at the scene and later transported to Cape Cod Hospital for treatment.
Further investigation found that the concentration of carbon monoxide found inside the home was three times in excess forcing firefighters to don a self-contained breathing apparatus.
The source of the carbon monoxide was determined to be a gas generator equipped with an improvised venting system located in the cellar of the residence.
Town inspectors also found additional violations with the electrical wiring of the residence and ordered the power to the residence be shut off.
© 2016 Cox Media Group.
Excessive amount of carbon monoxide found in Dennisport home
Manchester Police searching for 3 children, believed to be with 2 adults
The Latest: UN secretary-general praises downed plane probe
Shooting reported at South Carolina elementary school
Vermont man lost at sea for a week says he feels healthy