• Dispatcher on leave during probe of calls in Wrentham dragging death


    WRENTHAM, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) -- An emergency dispatcher has been placed on administrative leave as officials launch an internal investigation into her handling of an incident that led the dragging death of a Wrentham housekeeper.

    Wrentham police officials shared a timeline of the emergency calls Tuesday.

    Investigators told reporters the first call they received regarding the incident was at 9:54 p.m. on Nov. 18 on their non-emergency line. They said the call was from the owner of the Arbor Inn Motel, who was reporting individuals hadn't paid for their room.

    Officials said the dispatcher, a 15-year veteran worker, told the owner she would send a police officer, but did not. Lieutenant Detective Bill McGrath said at the time of the first call, there was no indication of anyone being in danger. The initial call was not placed in the log because it was not considered an emergency call.

    At 10:02, a 911 call came in from Interstate Travel Plaza on Route 1 from a caller who reported someone being hit and dragged by a truck. Medical personnel and police were dispatched to the area at 10:03:27.

    Another 911 call regarding the incident came in at 10:05:23. The caller said an employee of the Arbor Inn had been struck and dragged. At this time, police sent to the Interstate Travel Plaza were already on scene. Those officers, as well as any other available units, responded to the Arbor Inn at 10:06:05.

    Moses Acloque was arrested on Route 1 in Foxborough, more than three miles away from the motel. The 22-year-old is accused of refusing to pay his bill, prompting an argument with motel workers.

    Investigators claim Acloque jumped in his truck and tried to leave the parking lot, striking a parked car and two motel employees, Kanchenben Patel and her husband. Patel became stuck in the truck's wheel well and was dragged more than three miles down Route 1. Her body was found in a restaurant parking lot in Foxboro.

    Acloque has pleaded not guilty to a charge of leaving the scene of a fatal accident.

    Next Up: