Barnstable MA-Dukes MA-Nantucket MA-
Including the cities of Chatham, Falmouth, Provincetown,
Vineyard Haven, and Nantucket
359 AM EST Sat Jan 13 2018
...DENSE FOG ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EST THIS
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EST THIS MORNING...
* Visibilities...One quarter mile or less at times.
* Location...Far Southeast Massachusetts including Cape Cod and
* Winds...South 15 to 25 mph with gusts between 40 and 50 mph.
* Timing...Strongest winds through mid morning. Areas of dense fog
into mid morning.
* Impacts...A few downed tree limbs and isolated power outages
are possible. Areas of dense fog will result in hazardous
travel for motorists.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 31 to 39 mph are
expected, with gusts between 46 to 57 mph. Winds this strong are
capable of downing small tree limbs and branches, possibly
causing isolated power outages. Driving can also be difficult,
especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
A Dense Fog Advisory means visibilities will frequently be
reduced to less than one quarter mile, for at least 3 hours. If
driving, slow down, use your headlights, and leave plenty of
distance ahead of you.