Updated:BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) -- Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel Conley announced Thursday that a Grand Jury has returned indictments against Aaron Hernandez in the "brutal" July 16, 2012 double homicide of Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu.
Below is a timeline of the alleged events as laid out by DA Conley:
- Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu had never been involved in any gang, gun or violent crime
- The victims and Aaron Hernandez did not know one another prior to meeting the night of the murder
- At around 12:30 a.m. on July 16, 2012, the victims, Hernandez, and another unnamed person entered the Cure Lounge on Tremont in Boston at the same time. They entered at the same time by coincidence.
- This "chance encounter" inside the club led to a series of events that led to the victims' murder.
- At around 2 a.m., Furtado and Abreu left the club, driving down Tremont Street.
- Unbeknownst to them, Hernandez allegedly followed behind in an SUV.
- When the victims' car stopped at a red light at Shawmut Avenue, waiting to turn onto Herald Street, the SUV pulled up beside the car on the right. Abreu was driving.
- Investigators allege Hernandez then fired multiple shots into the victims' car.
- Abreu and Furtado suffered fatal gunshot wounds, another person inside the car suffered a gunshot wound, and two people in the backseat were able to escape the car and run away.
© 2016 Cox Media Group.
DA: 2012 homicide victims were 'stalked, ambushed and murdered'
Police: Student arrested for school threat made on social media
Obama to open conservation tour in Lake Tahoe and Hawaii
After easy win, Rubio has bigger challenge to keep seat
More Mitsubishi models in Japan found with inflated mileage