• Couples left scrambling after fire at popular wedding venue


    FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) -- A fire at a popular Foxborough wedding hall has left dozens of couples scrambling to find a new venue, some only days away from walking down the aisle.

    Investigators believe a cigarette tossed into a pile of mulch sparked the fire at the Lakeview Pavilion Saturday night. Flames broke out just moments after one couple said, "I do."

    More than 100 guests were inside when the fire started. They all made it safely out of the building.

    The damage is too extensive for the building to be restored. Crews began knocking down what was left Sunday.

    Officials for the Lakeview Pavilion are asking people who booked an event there to send them an e-mail so they can hopefully make other arrangements. An event coordinator told FOX 25 that weddings scheduled for the next two weeks have been taken care of and rescheduled elsewhere.

    The venue did not have a sprinkler system because of its age, fire officials said, but was in compliance with fire codes.

    Next Up: