READING, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) -- An elementary school was evacuated for the second time in three days because of high carbon monoxide levels in the school, police said.
Just before noon on Thursday, Reading police announced that the Barrows Elementary School was evacuated again "due to high carbon monoxide readings."
The students were escorted to nearby Austin Preparatory School to be picked up by their parents. On Tuesday, the elementary school was also evacuated for the same reason.
Fire officials said Thursday's reading came from a first floor hallway and that firefighters found the elevated levels as they were working to rectify the situation from Tuesday.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.