• Cigarette sparked Brockton fire which displaced two families


    BROCKTON, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) – Two families have been displaced following a fire that occurred at two homes on Sunset Avenue in Brockton Sunday morning.

    According to The Brockton Enterprise, fire crews responded to 90 Sunset Ave. at about 6 a.m. The fire started in an outdoor shed and spread to two single-family homes.

    Upon arrival, flames could be seen coming from the center of the shed, as well as the homes at 90 and 96 Sunset Ave.

    Fire officials told the newspaper the fire was caused by a carelessly disposed cigarette.

    The Red Cross said a total of 10 people were displaced and in need of emergency shelter, funds, and clothing.

    Next Up: