• Boy's quick thinking saves family from fire


    ROCHESTER, N.H. (MyFoxBoston.com) -- When 13-year-old Jacob Record saw flames shooting from the bathroom ceiling on his home Saturday morning, he didn't panic.

    Instead, he rushed to tell his father about the flames, which prompted dad Joe McKinlay to grab a fire extinguisher while mother Tanika woke up the other five children in the house and called the fire department, according to a Foster's Daily Democrat article.

    Rochester fire officials said that Record's quick thinking most likely kept the home from burning down. The fire began from faulty wiring in a ventilation fan, and flames had already begun to spread from the first floor ceiling to the second floor.

    By the time the fire department arrived, the entire family had made it out of the house safely.

    To read more, click here.

    Next Up: