A man facing more than 100 counts of sexual abuse against infants and toddlers in what prosecutors called the "most troubling and disturbing cases of child abuse ever prosecuted in Middlesex County" has been moved to a different prison.
John Burbine was moved from Cambridge jail to the Billerica House of Corrections, according to his attorney William Barabino.
Barabino said the jail decided to move Burbine, most likely Friday evening. He was under close observation in a segregated unit with inmates facing similar charges.
Barabino also confirmed to Fox 25 that Burbine worked at North Shore Community College as an entry-level computer class instructor for the last few years.
Burbine was indicted last week on charges that he sexually assaulted 13 children, some as young as eight days old and videotaping the acts.
Middlesex District Attorney Gerard Leone said Burbine has been in custody since September on charges involving one victim that grew out of an abuse complaint from July.
Leone said the abuse occurred between August 2010 and August 2012. Leone said the children lived in the Boston suburbs of Stoneham, Medford, Newton, Reading, Melrose, Woburn and Waltham. He said there may be more victims that investigators haven't identified.
© 2016 Cox Media Group.
Babysitter accused of sex assaults moved to different prison
Officials: Striking miners kill deputy minister in Bolivia
Rebels, civilians evacuating long-besieged Damascus suburb
The Latest: UN says it wasn't consulted on Syria-Daraya deal
Maine governor leaves obscene tirade on lawmaker's voicemail