BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) – The alleged gunman in a triple shooting that left three dead over the summer was held without bail at his arraignment Tuesday.
Jael Romero, 23, previously of both Chelsea and Roxbury, was indicted Nov. 22 on three counts of second-degree murder and firearms offenses in connection with the shooting. He was arraigned Tuesday and held without bail pending his trial, which is currently scheduled for December of 2014.
During an after-hours party on June 22 on Intervale Street, an altercation began between Felix Garcia, Brian Tirado, and a friend of Jael Romero. Investigators accuse Romero of pulling out a handgun and shooting Garcia and Tirado, as well as Ana Cruz, who was not involved in the altercation.
Assistant District Attorney Gretchen Lundgren said in court that "dozens" of people were at the party when a fight between two groups of men started around 4:20 a.m. Romero and a friend were part of one group and Garcia and Tirado were part of the other.
"The fight escalated when the defendant's friend was stabbed," Lundgren said in a press release. "The defendant fired five shots into the crowd."
After fleeing with a friend, Romero allegedly admitted shooting two men and a woman at a party.
In July, Romero reportedly stole a car in Seekonk and traveled to Providence, R.I. He is also facing gun and stolen vehicle charges.
He was also on probation after an assault and battery conviction at the time of the shooting and free on a pending fire arms charge.
"He clearly has access to weapons and is a danger to the community," Lundgren said.
Romero is due back in court on Feb. 6.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.