MALDEN, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) -- The American Red Cross says three families were left out in the cold after a fire in Malden on Christmas Day. No injuries were reported.
The fire broke out at a home on Coburn Street Wednesday morning.
Fire officials tell FOX 25 the fire began in the wall on the second floor and then traveled up the building. Crews had to knock down the walls to get to the fire. The building is not considered a total loss.
The Red Cross says 15 people, six of whom are children, were displaced by the blaze due to water damage. The families have been provided emergency shelter and funds for food. They have also been given special laundry detergent to help remove the scent of smoke from clothing that could be recovered from the building.
© 2016 Cox Media Group.