- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 12 ounces cranberries, fresh ( or frozen)
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup peeled diced apple
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Pour into a glass mixing bowl (acid foods can react with metal bowls).
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on chutney.
- Cool to room temperature; then refrigerate overnight, covered with plastic wrap, so flavors blend.
- Serve at room temperature.
This recipe is from Hebrew Senior Life. To learn more, visit: http://www.hslindependentliving.org/
© 2017 Cox Media Group.