Updated:BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) -- Visitors to Boston's Esplanade must abide by a list of prohibited and allowed items beginning on July 3.
All personal items must be carried in clear bags only. Pop up tents or canopies will be allowed as long as they have no sides. The maximum size is 10x10. Blankets and tarps no larger than 10x12 will also be allowed. Folding or beach chairs will also be allowed.
No tents or canopies will be allowed on July 3.
Backpacks, shopping bags, and similar containers are not allowed onto the Esplanade. All carried items are subject to inspection.
Here is a list of other items that are prohibited:
- No coolers on wheels - must be carried by shoulder strap
- No backpacks
- No firearms, weapons, sharp objects or fireworks
- No glass containers
- No cans
- No alcohol or any pre-mixed beverages
- No grilling, propane tanks or open flames
- No unattended bags
- No bicycles allowed through the checkpoints in the Oval or Island/Lagoon areas.
Bicycles will be allowed throughout the rest of the venue, however they cannot be left unattended. Any bicycle attached or locked to a security fence or pole is subject to removal.
Liquids can be carried into the event if they are sealed clear plastic containers that do not to exceed two liters in size.
© 2016 Cox Media Group.